Buy direct from Zoetis with the same low prices available to everyone
- Prices are clearly visible for
all to see
- Best buy prices based on quantity ordered
- Promotions clearly listed
- Straight forward shopping experience
- Seamless delivery Australia-wide
- Multiple ways to place orders and pay account
- Easy access to technical knowledge
- Info on products and associated conditions and diseases
- Easy to find contact details and greater support
Australian veterinarians can now purchase our full range of products directly from Zoetis.
Zoetis Direct is a business-to-business initiative. Zoetis does not supply products directly to the general public.
VIDEO: OVERVIEW OF ZOETIS DIRECT
Zoetis Direct evolves the way we deliver value to you, your clinic and importantly to your patients. You will enjoy transparent pricing, a simple ordering system, seamless delivery and easy access to expert advice through our direct distribution commitment.
Startect is a short-acting broad spectrum combination sheep drench that kills the most damaging worms, including those that are resistant to existing drenches.
Startect has been purposely released in combination.
It contains a completely new active, derquantel (10 mg/mL). This is the first active from the new SI (spiroindole) class of anthelmintics. Startect combines derquantel with the powerful ML abamectin (1 mg/mL).
Startect is the newest class of sheep drench and the only one to be released in combination for improved sustainability by managing resistance better1.
1. Little PR, Hodge A, Maeder SJ et al. Efficacy of a combined oral formulation of derquantel-abamectin against the adult and larval stages of nematodes in sheep, including anthelmintic resistant strains. Veterinary Parasitology 2011; 181: 180–93.
- Pro-Active dual drench technology: the first drench in history designed to protect itself against resistance from the beginning
- Proven in more than 200 local farm trials1
- When used as the cornerstone of your drench program also prolongs the useful life of older drenches2
1. Zoetis Data on File, 2015. 2. Leathwick DM, Waghorn TS, Miller CM, Candy PM, Oliver A-MB (2012), Managing anthelmintic resistance – use of a combination anthelmintic and leaving some lambs untreated to slow the development of resistance to ivermectin. Veterinary Parasitology 187: 285-294
Startect treats and controls of a broad range of susceptible adult and immature gastrointestinal nematodes of sheep, including those resistant to levamisole, benzimidazoles, macrocyclic lactones and closantel.
Startect is effective against adult and immature (L4) stages of sensitive strains of the following internal parasites, including those resistant to levamisole (LEV), benzimidazoles (BZ), macrocyclic lactones (ML) and closantel (CLOS):
Barber’s pole worm Haemonchus contortus; Stomach hair worm Trichostrongylus axei; Small brown stomach worm Teladorsagia (Ostertagia) circumcincta including inhibited (L4) stages, T. trifurcata; Black scour worm Trichostrongylus colubriformis, T. vitrinus; Small intestinal worm Cooperia curticei, C. oncophora, C. surnabada; Thin-necked intestinal worm Nematodirus spathiger*; Intestinal threadworm Strongyloides papillosus; Large bowel worm Oesophagostomum venulosum*; Large mouthed bowel worm Chabertia ovina*; Whipworm Trichuris ovis*; Lungworm Dictyocaulus filaria. (* adults only).
Startect was demonstrated to be effective against multi-resistant strains of Haemonchus contortus (LEV, BZ, ML and CLOS) and Teladorsagia circumcincta and Trichostrongylus colubriformis (both LEV, BZ and ML).
Startect is the newest addition to the Zoetis sheep health portfolio that also includes Glanvac®, Eryvac®, Gudair® and Scabiguard®.
Startect is the first new class of drench to be released in combination to:
- Protect its new actives against resistance from day one
- Prolong the useful life of older drenches
Progress your farm by improving sustainability
1 mL per 5kg bodyweight. Dose by mouth.
Dose mL per Sheep
5L Container Treats
15L Container Treats
20L Station Pack Treats
Animals in excess of 75 kg to be dosed at 1 mL per 5 kg.
A representative sample of animals should be weighed before treatment.
Dose the mob to the heaviest animal by liveweight in each group (ewes, wethers, rams, lambs). Do not underdose.
Where there is a large variation in size within the group, dose rate should be based on the label directions for each weight range. Drafting into two or more lines may be appropriate, to avoid excessive overdosing.
Store below 30°C (room temperature). Do not expose to temperatures below 0°C. Discard product that separates or contains sediment following exposure to temperatures below 0°C. Protect from direct sunlight.
- Meat Withhold: 14 days
- ESI (Export Slaughter Interval): 28 days
- Re-treatment Interval: 28 days after last treatment.
Milk Withhold: Do not use in female sheep which are producing or may in the future produce milk or milk products for human consumption.
- The safety of Startect has not been established in lambs less than 6 weeks of age or less than 15 kg bodyweight.
- Startect is very toxic to horses. Do not use in horses or species other than sheep.
- Use a drench gun with silicone sealed ‘o’ rings. It is recommended you use the Startect ST 20mL Drench Gun when using Startect.
- Estimate liveweights carefully to avoid overdosing.
- Shake the container before use.
- Startect is toxic to aquatic life. Do not contaminate dams, rivers or streams with the product or used container.
Safe Use Recommendations
Startect may irritate the skin so avoid contact with the skin.
When opening the container and using the product, wear cotton overalls buttoned to the neck and wrist (or equivalent clothing) and elbow-length chemical-resistant gloves.
After use and before eating, drinking or smoking, wash hands, arms and face thoroughly with soap and water. After each day’s use wash contaminated clothing.
If poisoning occurs, contact a doctor or Poisons Information Centre. Phone Australia 131126.
Additional information is in the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) that can be downloaded by clicking the above link.
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States